Thursday, January 26, 2012

OMG! Dreams coming true!

In Elementary school I would draw Disney characters over and over trying to prefect my drawing skills. I wanted to be a Disney Animator. I've done so much drawing over the years but in high school I fell in love with the paint brush and that became my main creative outlet. And it hasn't been until this last year that I've REALLY spent some time sketching and drawing - it started when I sketched this and participated in Illustration Friday here. I've found a million blogs like this one and this one, that inspired me to draw. I made some cards out of a couple of my dog illustrations and brought them to my favorite gallery in Duluth.

They sold.

Every last one.

I've sold paintings...
but this was different.

This is a little dream I've had in my pocket since 3rd grade.

Yep.

I always wanted to have my own card line, with my illustrations.

And actually in high school I discovered Mary Engelbreit, and SO, SO I wanted to be like her some day (and I still do!)

It's been inside me for so long.

I really truly believe that when we take the time to listen to our heart. We find ourselves.
Our passion.
Our calling.
Our light.

I got a huge batch of four of my dog illustrations professionally printed!


I am over the moon
and today
I started calling some of the local coffee shops and galleries.
Pretty exciting stuff.
And of course I am sending a couple of packages up to my favorite gallery in Duluth!



Feeling so blessed!
Much Love to YOU and this Beautiful Universe!

Dreaming Bigger,
Nat

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations, that is AWESOME! To realize that your dreams are coming true. That is so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet! Congrats to you girl!! Yeah!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete